Thursday, October 25, 2007

Letter To Neal Boortz

I just recently sent an email to Neal Boortz that I've reposted below.

-

I'm sure your getting tired of the emails about Ron Paul by now, (I promise I won't use the N-word) but I just had a quick question regarding our current situation in the middle-east.

I only recently started to question our presence over-seas, and just for the record I did vote to reelect Bush in 04'. And the reasons for my recent skepticism are as follows.

Bin Laden did not think he could single-handedly overthrow the largest and most highly developed military on the planet. But rather, as an intelligent person, his plan would have been to draw the U.S. into a slow-bleeding war that drove us into bankruptcy.

Furthermore, if our efforts were an attempt to once and for all create some sort of peace within the region, then the "evil" has to be pulled out by it's roots in order to prevent it from growing back twice as thick next time around. Which, as I see it, the roots of all "evil" (call it what you will) is the money. You know, the trillions and trillions of dollars in oil they're sitting on. I'm not suggesting we go over and steal it all, but there is an effective way to eliminate the value of this oil without losing a single American life (or spending anymore of the tax payers money). That's by eliminating the demand for oil through the introduction of practical alternatives to petroleum. Should have, and could have been done long ago. Probably due to...once again the money issue, where the politicians and car companies have their hands in some deep pockets.

Lastly, I do understand the importance of taking a tough stance against the threat of terrorism. Which is why I think we should have put more effort into the search for the actual mastermind of 9/11, Bin Laden. In addition to spending more of our time and tax dollars defending our own country (rather than Iraq) and correcting the mistakes in our security that allowed 9/11 to occur in the first place. i.e. allow our airlines to be responsible for the safety of their own passengers, rather than leaving that up to the government (even though they've done so well...).

I suppose that's all I have to say for now. Hope to hear a response from you, and I appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Chad Evans

-

Could have said a lot more, but I wanted to keep it short for someone like Neal. Who, from listening to his show, has rather little patience for anything that challenges his opinion.

No comments: