Monday, October 1, 2007

FOX News Poll: Most Think Democrats Will Win White House in 2008

View the article on FoxNews.com



I don't really understand how Republicans haven't seen these kinds of stories as a wake up call yet. If they actually want a Republican in the White House, as opposed to...most likely another Clinton (even worse than the first), then we will have to nominate a candidate who actually has a chance of winning and getting back some of these swing voters and crossovers that are only voting for the candidate they think will be a change of pace from President Bush. Mostly to get us out of Iraq, although I honestly don't believe that's actually what any of the front-runners for the Democratic party would really do. If you listen to the way they speak of it, they use the word "redeployment", meaning:

tr.v. re·de·ployed, re·de·ploy·ing, re·de·ploys

1. To move (military forces) from one combat zone to another.
2. To shift (something) from one place or use to another for greater effectiveness: redeploy the company's resources.

Ron Paul's policy is a little easier to understand when he says, simply "bring our troops home".

I'm gonna say it right now; if Ron Paul does not win the Republican primaries our next President will go by a title that sounds all too familiar. That's President Clinton. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And yes, that really scares me. Especially when we already have a Democratically controlled Congress that would allow her to do almost anything she wanted to. I guess I'm personally just not a big fan of having a National ID card, being forced into a Nationwide mandatory health insurance policy, or one of her most recent ideas is giving a $5000 baby bond to all new-born babies in this country. Yeah, all 40 million a year. I'll do the math for you, that's 200 billion dollars a year. I think I'd rather just try to worry about taking care of my own. I guess that makes me a bad person though, I don't know.

No comments: